Friday 19 August 2011

Day 22 lucca

Today I got my first real taste of Italian drivers, they are an animated bunch. This was one time when my "stay off the main road" theory failed. I was stuck in traffic for about 2 hours along Italy's version of main beach in Florida (there are worse places to be stuck in traffic on second thought)

I get to the walled city of lucca, hire a bike and have a little look round. Its a very pretty city with loads of places to check out, also it's not very busy which is a nice change)

I find a campsite with a pool ( thank god as it's 34degs ) and for dinner I have my first Italian pizza. It sure beats dominos.

Tip. Don't park under a street light, makes sleeping a bit harder.

Song. Uptown top ranking. ( great for beach street crawling)

No comments:

Post a Comment