Friday 19 August 2011

Day 20 5 terra Italy

So I dropped tess off at the airport last night, and drove to find a place to park for the night. Driving I came across a fun fair/festival, I parked and went to check it out. It had a load tents that contained bars and a bunch of food stands. Great. So I went and got a beer, the guy handed over a half pint and didn't ask for any money, strange, no one was paying for the drinks. Over at the food tent I got a north African dish ( Marselle has a big north African influence) again totally free. I must of missed the place where you paid for the entrance. I sat down at one of the long tables with the 300 odd people to watch the live entertainment. The band came on, said something in French, everybody stood up and watched as the bride and groom had the first dance.

So I've just crashed a French wedding, a massive French wedding. Suddenly it seems so obvious, everybody was dressed nicely(not suits but smart) and I'm in flip flops and shorts. Quickly I finished dinner and got the hell out of there.

Today was spent driving from Marseille to del marina just north of the 5 terra national park. It still amazes me that you can drive from one country to another in a few hours.

Tip. No such thing as a free beer

Song. The Foals. ( good driving music)

No comments:

Post a Comment