Sunday 7 August 2011

Day 09 Cuenca

The Chinese say that the journey is the reward, and today I was on that buzz.

It was a fairly early start from the campsite near Valencia, then a quick stop for supplies at a truly incredible building that houses the Valencia science museum.

Not long, then I was going over a mountain range and into the Spanish heartland. There were miles and miles of sun flowers in full bloom, then olive and grape groves. Stopped in a little town and finished off the rest of last nights paella( I've maxed out on paella, good but I'm done)

Then after 4 hours driving ( I'm taking my time) I got to Cuenca. It is a smallish town with a pretty old town that hangs of a cliff ( the rest of the city is a bit crap)

Tip 09. don't travel 50 mph on a motorway looking at the view. Truck drivers don't like it.

Song of the Day. Place in the sun. Stevie Wonder

No comments:

Post a Comment